Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ink Wash

So here is my ink wash finished. I may add charcoal or conte in the next class, so if I do, I will update. It's not the best, but it was fun to do.

Source: The speaker above the chalkboard


Original sketch


First wash


My tools




Close up of bricks after a few light washes.


Close to the end, before taking off the wax.


After removing the wax.


After touch up of wall behind the gray splatter.


 Wall and edge of speaker.


 Close up of the bricks- my favorite part of this piece.

More bricks!

Speaker close up.

Like I said, the brick turned out to be my favorite part. I actually think the piece would have been successful even if it had been just a brick wall. Maybe I could do a small scale version of a wall to see how it looks...

oh and here is my successful non- representational piece:


Enjoy!


peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment