Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Playing with Ink

So this week in Drawing II we are working on ink washes with wax. It's actually pretty fun to do, though it's a little tedious and there's an element of uncertainty to it, which adds to the mystery of the end result. I've already done two experimental projects- the first failed, miserably, and i'm still not sure how the second one turned out yet, I still have to iron off the wax. So far, i think it was more successful than the first. The assignment is to create a full scale rendering of an architectural object in the room. I chose a speaker mounted on a brick wall. I like to take pictures of works in progress, so once I get to the end result, I will post with my succession photos. In the meantime, i found some great examples of ink washes to show you what i mean...






I think she has some great abstract ink washes. Check out her blog!


I'll update within the next week with my work!

peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment